The Brentwood School District Early Childhood Center offers a developmental/constructivist program to meet the educational needs of children ages two years to kindergarten. We accept enrollment for Brentwood School District residents or employees.
BSD Early Childhood Center utilizes the Project Construct curriculum that empowers children to do more than memorize and repeat selected information. This program is rooted in inquiry-based learning which offers open-ended experiences and encourages critical thinking. These skills build a strong foundation for future learning and academic success.
Our goal is to provide a strong educational program which guides children in their construction and quest for knowledge. BSD Early Childhood Center is a place where each child’s intellectual, language, fine and gross motor, social and emotional potentials are carefully cultivated and guided. Children, parents, and teachers are all a community of learners growing together in our relationships and knowledge. If you would like to learn more about our curriculum, please call us at (314) 262-8521.
About Our Center
When you enter the Brentwood School District Early Childhood Center, you’ll feel right at home in our safe, welcoming environment. Our center features the following unique opportunities:
- Project Construct is an Early Childhood Curriculum endorsed by the Missouri Department of Education
- Our curriculum is grounded in constructivist philosophy reflecting the views of John Dewey, Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, and Jerome Bruner, among others
- Goals are set according to the Missouri Early Learning Standards and National Early Childhood Standards. These directly flow into the standards used by Missouri public schools to guide education from kindergarten through 12th grade
- Certified Early Education Teachers and low student/teacher ratio
- A state-of-the-art Early Childhood Center designed with children in mind
- Bright classrooms that support the imagination and creativity of each child
- Indoor multi-purpose room for gross motor play, music, and movement
- Outdoor Children’s Sensory Garden/Playscape
- A full kitchen that allows for cooking exploration
- On-site nurse
- Early intervention services and resources are offered in partnership with Special School District
- Parent library and informal consultation with Parents as Teachers Educators