The Brentwood School District Early Childhood Center offers a developmental/constructivist program to meet the educational needs of children ages two years to kindergarten. We accept enrollment for Brentwood School District residents or employees.
BSD Early Childhood Center utilizes the Project Construct curriculum that empowers children to do more than memorize and repeat selected information. This program is rooted in inquiry-based learning which offers open-ended experiences and encourages critical thinking. These skills build a strong foundation for future learning and academic success.
Our goal is to provide a strong educational program which guides children in their construction and quest for knowledge. BSD Early Childhood Center is a place where each child’s intellectual, language, fine and gross motor, social and emotional potentials are carefully cultivated and guided. Children, parents, and teachers are all a community of learners growing together in our relationships and knowledge. If you would like to learn more about our curriculum, please call us at (314) 262-8521.
About Our Center
When you enter the Brentwood School District Early Childhood Center, you’ll feel right at home in our safe, welcoming environment. Our center features:
Bright classrooms that support the imagination of each child
- Large, fenced playground that meets safety standards
- Indoor multi-purpose room for gross motor play, music, and movement
- Project room / motor lab to help young bodies understand their world
- Science lab and sensory tables for science experimentation and inquiry
- Children’s garden for outdoor sensory experiences
- Full kitchen for cooking exploration
In addition, BECC also features:
- Goals aligned with K-12 MO learning standards
- Experienced teachers certified in the Project Construct curriculum
- On-site Nurse
- Partnership with Special School District to provide early intervention services & resources